12.8.11

Countdown to Airwaves: Of monsters and men

I am so glad fall is almost here, not that I am especially thrilled about the cold rainy weather that will be descending on us any day now, but because fall means the arrival of my favorite event, the Iceland Airwaves music festival  which is held in October every year . Last year I went to the festival for the first time, and oh boy did I have the time of my life! I am so excited to be going again this year, actually I think I have been looking forward to it since the final day of the festival last october ( I already bought my ticket in june).
The other day I got this idea, to do a countdown to the festival over the course of the next two months leading up to the festival, each post will be about an artist or a band that I would like to see perform at the festival. So you can expect a lot of fun over the next  two months.
FIRST UP! ...  Icelandic band Of monsters and men!






This band won the Músíktilraunir band contest (almost like an Icelandic Battle of the bands) in 2010.
I love their song "Little talks"  and I am hoping to see them perform that amazing song at the Iceland Airwaves, I get goosebumps every time I hear it!!! This song has actually become wildly popular in Iceland, as well as receiving international recognition.
Of monsters and men are  also set to release an album in september, one month prior to the Icelandic Airwaves festival. I will buy their album as soon as it´s out.
They are truly worth the attention I will be there to hear them play at  Iceland Airwaves!
here  is their website.

 have a listen!:





so are any of you going to Airwaves? do you already have your ticket? 
P.S. If you want to find out more about icelandic music check this out !


lots of love 
- A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...