4.10.12

Copenhagen

 Hey guys,

I took a little trip to Denmark earlier this month  to visit some friends. It was nice to be able to get away (even if it was just a long weekend) after a jam packed summer full of work. I was travelling with another friend and we had a lot of fun checking out the nightlife, eating good food and of course, shopping! I finally managed to upload the pictures (silly me, I lost the camera cable and only after buying a card reader I discovered that my laptop has a built in card reader.... oh well) and you can expect more photo posts in the near future.



 
Took this photo on the first night. A library in downtown Copenhagen


 
My friend and travel buddy: Laufey
 
 
Yep that´s me, burgundy overload lady. I can see a theme here: burgundy and blue
 

 
Laufey looking very serious
 
 
our host Sigga Kristín
 
 
Downtown
 
 
On the last day we visited Torvehallerne, which is a big indoor market with food (my heaven), all kinds of handmade products like candles and soaps. A wonderful way to end the trip as I know nothing better than on a weekend than a food market/farmer´s market.
That´s one of the reasons I love visiting my family in France: every weekend there is a farmer´s market.
 
 
Florist


 
There was a small cupcake bakery/café with beautiful cupcakes in all kinds of flavours.
 

 
Dried fruit and nut
 
 
This booth sold french confections - my favourite being their cellophane wrapped wedges of nougat, in different kinds of flavours.

 
Charcuterie - this guy was selling salami, patés and various meat products
 
 
 
My favourite booth - they had a lot of french cheeses that you can´t find in Iceland ( No un pasteurized cheeses allowed into the country) 

 
A gourmet cheese stand
 
 
I had such a wonderful time, and I only wish I could have stayed longer and taken more pictures.
My camera memory chip filled up with pictures and unfortunatly I didn´t have a backup.
Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit, there is so much going on there and many exciting places to see.
I  will post my favourite places in Copenhagen soon! 
 
 
X
-A
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...