26.7.13

Foodie Friday: Reykjavík take out

It´s become somewhat of a tradition in my family to order take out on Friday nights. In a way we do this to celebrate the end of the week and to kick off the wwekend. So I thought what better way to kick off this weekend than to share some of my favorite take out restaurants in Reykjavík?


1. Austurlandahraðlestin


One of my favourite places in Reykjavík. Their take out restaurant in Hverfisgata has a small seating area if one should prefer to eat there. They´ve also just recently opened a restaurant in Lækjargata.  Their Naan breads are to die for and their Tandoori chicken might be one of the best things I´ve ever tasted. If you are very hungry I recommend the Onion Pakodas as well.


2. Krua Thai

My ultimate comfort food is their spring rolls. They also have a pretty good red curry.  I don´t know what it is about Thai food that is just so comforting. 


3. Hamborgarabúllan


A small, quirky burger joint by the old harbour.Good, simple burgers and perfect french fries(crispy- I hate soggy fries).


4. The Deli 
 
 Best. Pizza. Ever! Almost as good as if you had flown to Italy to get it. The Modo Mio vegetarian pizza is the best one on the menu. Unfortunately they don´t stay open past eight pm, except on weekends.Alternatively I like Eldsmiðjan but the quality of their pizza varies. 


5. Gló 



For those days when I want a well cooked, healthy meal (and can´t be bothered to cook) I can always count on Gló. It is a vegetarian/raw restaurant which means you walk out of there feeling healthy (and guilt free). I love their eggplant parmigiana. 



Have a great weekend!

X
-A 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...