18.1.13

Inspiration: Frida Kahlo

Hey guys,
Frida Kahlo is one of my biggest inspirations in life, and on so many levels. Her art, her style, her story. I did my final essay in an arts history class on Frida Kahlo and I really enjoyed learning about her, she was such an extraordinary woman. Frida lived a life filled with pain and suffering,which would have caused many to give up, but always kept going. I really enjoy her work, her paintings are drenched with emotion and you can really see the pain, suffering, sadness and all the heartbreak represented in her work. A critic once noted that Frida´s paintings were like her personal diary, which I guess could be right since her paintings largely portray her life and her state of mind.
It has just been announced that the Frida Kahlo museum (which is in the house where she lived, the Casa Azul) are planning an exhibition, showing a collection of Frida´s clothing(among other things). I guess I´ll have to go to mexico then! 










Have a great weekend 
X
-A 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...