8.3.13

Foodie Friday: My must try restaurants

Hi guys,
These are a couple of restaurants in Reykjavík that I have wanted  to try for a while. 



Forréttabarinn
This one opened last spring and they only serve appetizers. The concept of the restaurant is that you can go there, get a glass of wine and a little something to go along with it. The menu looks very nice, but somehow I have let a year go by and haven´t tried it yet. 




Lemon
Lemon is a new restaurant ( it actually opens today). According to the owners it is modeled after places like Prét a manger in London and Joe and the juice in Copenhagen. Needless to say I am very excited to give it a try.




icelandic fish and chips
Described as an organic bistro.Here you can get fresh fish with hand cut fries and skyronnaise. Skyronnaise is a healthier take on the traditional mayo. It is made with skyr, which is similar to greek yoghurt, only slightly thicker. The skyronnaise comes in a variety of flavors. A healthier take on the traditional fish and chips. Think I will get around to try this one soon!






 C is for cookie 
I have passed this cute little café several times. It is relatively hidden away in a side street from Skólavörðustígur. I would say that I am a creature of habit, because I tend to  go to the exact same places to get my coffee. srill I have heard great things about this place(the cakes are supposed to be amazing) so I will be breaking out of my routine soon to give this place a try! 









Grillmarket

Grill market or Grillmarkaðurinn like it is called in Icelandic is relatively new on the Reykjavík restaurant scene. Owned by  Hrefna Rósa Sætran, who owns another popular restaurant here in Reykjavík, Fish market. Fish market mainly serves seafood and they have the most amazing sushi, so I really reccomend it.
However I have never eaten at Grill market but I have only heard rave reviews, so I am excited to give it a try.




Have a great weekend!
X
-A






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...