18.9.13

Travel fantasy


When the winter here in Iceland gets extra tough I love fantasizing about the coming summer months (which sometimes seem all to far away). Although I know it is important to live in the now, to appreciate what we have right here in front of us, a little fantasy never hurt anyone, right?

My day to day life pretty much revolves around travelling. I study tourism and work at the front desk of a hotel. So, naturally I spend a lot of time thinking about travels. 

Also I like having my next summer vacation planned out as early as possible, so that I can have something to look forward to through the cold winter. Yes, I am that boring plan ahead type. To be honest I think I barely have a spontaneous bone in my body. 
So here is my travel bucket list! 


1. Dublin
 
Dublin is at the top of my list and I would love to go there one day. 





2. Cuba
When I was a teenager I would watch Dirty dancing: Havana nights (the sequel) on repeat. I know that it is likely that the Cuba I saw in the movie is not the same as actual Cuba, but I am excited to see it for myself.  




3. India

India has always fascinated me and I´ve meant to go there for a long time. I would love to visit India sometime for the Holi festival. Looks like a lot of fun!




4. France

I have been there so many times and even lived there, but this is a place I will always want to revisit. I will never tire of France, it´s rich culture and beautiful landscapes.






One day, I will visit all these places, but for now I am perfectly happy taking shelter inside, wrapping my sweater tighter around me and pouring myself a second(third?) cup of hot chocolate. 

Have a great day!

X
-A





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...