18.9.12

Siglufjörður

As promised, here are the pictures from my day trip to beautiful Siglufjörður (transl. Sailing fjord).
I spent a wonderful day there during a camping trip in August. We visited the Herring era museum, went down to the harbour, got some coffee at the very cute café Rauðka and walked around town. I love this place! 
 


 
 


 











Remnants of the old fishing dock from the herring era


Inactive bomb


Herring era museum - used to be offices and lodging
during that time





an old picture ( sorry for the poor quality)
 showing  how lively the town was during the herring era.



Hope you enjoy my pics.
Will post more from my trip later
 
x
-A
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Greetings!
    Siglufjörður
    Awesome piece of work! A blog like yours should be earning much money from ad sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I am glad you enjoy my blog
      All the best
      -Andrea

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...