3.11.11

Simple things

Life is crazy right now, one month left of school and the assignments and projects keep stacking up. Here are a few things making  me happy this week and helping me keep sane:

Candles
tons and tons of candles



I´ve become just a little obsessed with scented candles, and I love the candles from Annick Goutal, a more affordable version of their  luxurious perfumes. Also to me, candles are a very important winter staple to brighten up dark and cosy evenings.


Frida Kahlo



I am doing a school project on her.  She is such an inspiration and her story is amazing , she lived a life filled with passion and suffering. I am amazed at her strength, her passion for life and her colourful character. One of the most fun school related writing I have done in a long time.



El día de los muertos



The mexican equivalent to Halloween. To be honest I find the Día de los muertos  much more interresting, because of what the tradition stands for. The mexicans throw a three day  festival  to commemorate the dead and celebrate life. I can imagine it could be fun to be a tourist in Mexico during el día de los muertos, think that´s something I would like to do.


My black, leopard  print collar coat


My best loved wardrobe item right now. Wear it everyday and it makes simple pants and a sweater feel so fancy! Mine is a bit different from the picture, a vintage coat I got for a bargain last spring. The collar comes a bit further down ( kind of like the lining has been turned up into a collar) no pouf at the shoulders and it has a bit more of an A line skirt to it
 



James Vincent McMorrow



 His voice is amazing! I especially like his song We don´t eat. I love songs that feel like a big warm blanket and this is one of them.





x
-A

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Excellent post I Love it, you just gained a brand new reader. Thank you and best of luck
    With Best Wishes
    bedroom | sofa | kitchen | bathroom | living room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      thank you so much. I am glad that you enjoy my blog

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...