24.12.12

Christmas time

Hey guys 
I can´t believe it´s already Christmas today. 
The whole month of December just seems to have flown by me in the blink of an eye and I don´t feel that I have been able to do all the things I normally do before Christmas.Those little things that have been like a ritual to me since childhood in the weeks leading up to Christmas.  I guess that is a part of growing up, as we get older we have more responsibilities and therefore less time for those things. Still I feel that it is so important to try and hold on to these little habits and traditions, traditions that remind us of Christmas as a child, like watching exactly the same Christmas movies (with a few new additions of course!) that I did 10 years ago, drinking hot chocolate ( with the addition of coffee) and walking around town taking in the atmosphere the night before Christmas Eve (this time being allowed to stay up late). I think the best Christmas traditions are when you are able to fuse together childhood memories and grown up reality. Although I may not love Christmas with the same childish wonderment as I did before it is still my favorite time of year. Getting to spend time with family and friends, eat good food together and commemorate those dear to us that are no longer here.
 I stubbornly stayed up until 4 am last night baking, just so that  I could bake something before Christmas rolled around, to uphold my Christmas traditions. I have such great memories of Christmases past and I can´t wait to make some more with my beautiful family. 






Happy Christmas everyone!!!
and thank so much for reading the blog 

-Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...